Ophthalmology is one of the major branches of medicine that deals in physiology, anatomy as well as and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist, also called eye specialist is an expert in both medical and surgical eye issues. As ophthalmologists execute operations on eyes, so ophthalmologists are both medical and surgical specialists.
Chirayu Superspeciality Hospital brings to you the most experienced Ophthalmologists or eye specialists who every time delivers state of the art care. We are also nationally recognized for brilliance in eye care, and whenever you need vision care services, look to our eye care services. Our eye care specialists are experienced in medical technology in all areas of eye-care, from routine eye checkups, refractive surgery, eyeglasses and contact lenses to specialized eye services.
Our Ophthalmologists provide comprehensive eye care services, including:
- Vision services like eye exams (Eye Examination)
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions linked to other diseases like arthritis or diabetes
- Plastic surgery for drooping eyelids or smoothing wrinkles
- Medical eye care for conditions like iritis, chemical burns or glaucoma
- Surgical eye care for trauma, cataracts, glaucoma, crossed eyes and other issues
What We Do During An Eye Examination?
Our ophthalmologist reviews your medical history and asks about your current symptoms. The eye specialist may or may not be used eye drops to dilate your eyes during the exam. Our eye examination usually evaluates:
- Visual acuity
- Eyelid health & function
- Coordination of eye muscles
- Pupil response to light;
- Peripheral vision;
- Need for eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Intraocular pressure
- The anterior segment in the eye
After the eye examination, our ophthalmologist will discuss the results with you. If your eyes are healthy, then you just need only contact lenses or eyeglasses or to correct your vision. We also treat a few eye diseases with medication like eye drops or pills. However, other eye diseases may be treated by using laser surgery or other surgical procedures.